Chief Performance Architect
Ericsson UDN is seeking to recruit an experienced chief performance architect. Ericsson UDN is building world’s largest distributed computing platform. The candidate will be reporting to the Head of Global. The chief performance architect will lead a team of experts in network, virtualization, application, and players that work as partners with product management, engineering, and operations to drive KPIs for the UDN edge cloud business.
- Managing, coaching and mentoring growing teams of software engineers
- Driving technical projects and providing leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Taking responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- This individual must have end to end and full stack architectural experience including:
- IP network
- TCP and UDP protocols
- Hypervisors interfaces between the network and operating system
- Bare metal deployments and Hyperconverged hardware architecture
- Kernel architectures
- Application design principles
- Browser and reach media players
- Performance measurement methods, techniques, and analysis tools
- Service engineering methodologies
The right candidate will also have a strong background in distributed computing theory and be ready to apply existing knowledge to new areas such as distributed schedule in a global infrastructure. They must posses strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to drive results in a cross-organization role.
- 5-10 years of experience in a global cloud service provider
- Proven track record dealing with rapid growth
- C++, Python, golang
About Ericsson UDN:
- Docker containers
- Microservice / Service Mesh
- Hadoop (MapR preferred)
Ericsson UDN is the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively saleab le Content Delivery service is already in production with our OEM partners. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business.