Senior Network Architect
About the Job
Ericsson UDN is building the world's first web scale edge network (http://www.ericssonudn.com/
) in partnership with over 80 broadband service providers including Telstra, Vodafone, Telefonica, DoCoMo. We are seeking to recruit a passionate, experienced Software Defined Network Architect to join our edge compute engineering team. As a key member of the team, you will define, design the overlay network architecture for our edge compute platform to enable our customers to deploy cloud based services tiered from the core platform to the network edge and serve network latency sensitive applications such as IoT, AR/VR, Gaming. You have a demonstrated ability to create frameworks that enable teams to rapidly adopt, develop, verify, and deploy new technology solutions.
*We are currently seeking candidates local to Santa Clara, CA or Boston, MA*
- Design, develop, and enable deployment of a software-defined network architecture for the global compute edge platform.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in edge computing, SDN, container networking fields and evaluate cutting edge technologies and introduce new features to constantly improve operational reliability, security, scalability and performance of the network platform.
- Develop architecture, design specification of network components and actively participate in peer review of other platform components
- Architect and design APIs to expose platform services to end users
- Exercise agile methodologies through all phases of software development
- Contribute to white paper, reference architecture, platform and API documentation
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in the networking field, with 5 years in the architect role.
- Deep understanding of SDN architecture and technology (control plane, data plane, management plane, orchestration) and experience with open source or commercial SDN controllers.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes networking model and hands-on experience with one or more of the CNI plugins such as Calico, Flannel, Weave.
- Understanding of Openstack network architecture and experience with OpenvSwitch, VLAN and tunnelling technologies such as VXLAN, GRE.
- Experience in design and definition of end-to-end network QoS policies.
- Hands-on experience deploying layer 4 and/or layer 7 software load balancing technologies such as nginx, HAProxy, IPVS.
- Experience running performance benchmarks, tuning Linux network stack and knowledge of data plane acceleration techniques - SR-IOV, DPDK.
- Strong experience with one or more languages - Python, C++, Go
- Experience with agile development methodology, defining automated test framework for continuous integration and testing.
- Excellent written, documentation, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and automation with Salt, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed technical teams
About Ericsson UDN
- 100% company paid medical / dental (US Employees)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bunch more great benefits
- Working for a cutting-edge technology that is disrupting and evolutionizing the Content Delivery Network (CDN), Edge Computing
- Working with world class people that are tops in the CDN space
Ericsson UDN is the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively scalable Content Delivery service is already in production with our OEM partners. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business.