About the Job
As a member of our customer care and operations support team you will play a critical role in responding to and owning end-to-end resolution of highly technical, potentially complex issues and requests raised by our more than 80 partners using the world’s first edge network, including Telstra, Vodafone, Telefonica, DoCoMo.
As a first and last touch point, you will also be integral to maintaining and owning the relationship as a trusted partner with our clients. You will be working directly with their technical teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading an internal cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
About our Team
You will be part of a best-in-class customer care and technical support team, driving the success of our global customers and continuously improving the experience they have using our products.
As a member of this team you will work in a highly collaborative, dynamic environment, including close interaction and iterative improvement of process, engagement and delivery within the team itself, and cross-functional core operations and development delivery teams.
A passionate team player, you love delivering technologies and services that create the best possible customer experience and supports the success of their
business. The customer’s experience is your highest priority.
You approach team process and interactions with an agile mindset, looking for open collaboration and honest dialogue that drives continuous improvement and growth, as an individual and as a team.
You understand that every part of our organization needs to align to deliver on the trust we build with our customers and the experience we deliver to them and strive to build and improve the relationships inside our company that will maximize this success.
Respond to and resolve technical issues related to our products and infrastructure as reported by or alerted to impact of our partner and customer technical staff.
Demonstrate leadership and work independently to drive the resolution of complex technical problems, including escalations to our product engineers and/or operational teams.
React quickly to and own issues that are critically impacting customer’s businesses, including incident management participation and iteratively improving inter-team communications and Service Level Agreement delivery to resolve urgent issues.
Work independently with our customer's technical teams and our internal teams on both pre- and post- sales technical issues. The investigation of technical issues may involve complex data analysis from our distributed network and an in-depth examination of the interaction between our product and the customer's origin infrastructure.
Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles and regular cross team training sessions.
Provide articulate technical input on engineering or customer incident management communication points, including root cause analysis or bridges.
Be an ongoing Subject Matter Expert of multiple product/services and work with engineering to ensure that new services and features can be supported and meet our customer's needs.
Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements to our services. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to prioritize and implement these enhancements.
Meet our customer facing and internal Service Level Agreement commitments and contribute to continuous improvement of the experience we provide internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, MIS, or relevant engineering/science fields or equivalent experience.
- 3+ year of experience in Tier1-3 Support of Dev and Prod Linux environments (Vmware ESXi/Xen, any public cloud).
- 5+ years of experience in technical support, engineering, IT, project management or consulting.
- 5+ years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design or relevant coursework.
- Deep technical background and grasp of current compute or SaaS technical stacks:
- Knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP and DNS).
- Programming knowledge and experience (Perl/shell scripting or python/ruby preferable).
- Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP) and tools.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies including Silverlight and Apple HLS
- Prior customer-facing experience including proposing scoping and driving issue resolution or new solutions with customer technical teams.
- Analytical mind with strong investigation and creative ‘thinks-outside-the-box’ problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner to both business and technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and passionate about driving results and scaling our services for the benefit of our customer’s experience.
- Strong relationship building skills, can positively influence the actions of others and be a passionate team player.
- Proven ability to communicate about and manage and prioritize multiple priorities, commitments and projects.
- Knowledge of support workflows (ITIL escalation) and Incident tracking tools (Jira, PagerDuty, Zendesk or similar).
- Experience with monitoring and testing network tools (Gomez, Keynote or Catchpoint).
- Availability for possible on-call escalations.