Network Deployment Engineer
The position will be responsible for designing, installing, configuring and troubleshooting UDN Core network infrastructure. A good understanding of networks which includes switch configuration, router configuration, routing protocols and datacenter environments. This role will also require at least 5-8 years of experience preferably in the CDN, Cloud Computing, Datacenter or ISP environments.
- Experience with Cisco (ASR and Nexus) and Juniper (EX, MX and QFX).
- 3-5+ years of BGP routing protocol experience.
- 5+ years of technical documentation, specifically of installation process, server & network configuration and troubleshooting steps.
- 5+ years’ experience with Layer 1-4 & 7 OSI Model.
- Automation Configuration Experience with a tool such as Puppet, Chef, Salt.
- Prior experience writing documentation such as deployment documents, BOM review, low level design production readiness documents and technical documents.
- Understanding of the entire stack including cabling, server, network, automation, integration, and solid project management.
- Documenting final network design and architecture for internal wiki.
- Ability to organize, store and present data effectively to colleagues, internal team and vendors.
- Technical proficiency in Data Center Installation (rack layout, power rating, power/data cabling, documentation).
- Troubleshooting boot issues, bootloader issues, Linux installation issues, etc.
- Basic familiarity with project management and ticketing tools such as JIRA and confluence.
- Certification such as CCNP and/or JNCIP preferred.
- Manage a deployment of rack & stack network and server infrastructure along with an onsite 3rd party.
- Configuration of switches and routers.
- Provision circuit, private peering connections, backbone links.
- Capacity monitoring and increases.
- Ability to deal with datacenter and telecommunication vendors.
- Ability to troubleshoot on the fly in a highly dynamic environment and learn quickly.
- No travel required.
- Review reports of backbone circuit, transit provider, and core routing / switching issues.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, teach and share knowledge.
About Ericsson UDN:
- Over 20+ Global POP in major metro location within Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Internal network lab in Chicago for testing, staging and training.
- Juniper MX480s, QFX10K, EX4300 platforms.
- EVPN/VXLAN datacenter fabric within each POP.
- Operating private MPLS backbone between all POPs.
- Peering at all major IXPs https://peeringdb.com/asn/47254.
- New infrastructure with standardized deployment without technical debt.
- DevOps based approach of the network management.
Ericsson UDN is developing the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively scaleable Content Delivery service is already in production. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business.