Sr. Network Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our Chicago team to help us expand and manage our global CDN backbone and distributed cloud infrastructure. This is a greenfield environment that was built from the ground up. What would you be working on? We are “burning in” a brand new global MPLS network and tuning it to work with the CDN systems. Searching to challenge and fulfill engineers by maturing the automation of deployment, testing, traffic engineering, & monitoring and of the global network. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of bringing 5G networking to reality.
Here are some things we are looking for in a candidate:
- Work on a closely knit team to collaborate, design, test (in our lab) and implement the latest networking technologies.
- Architect and evaluate new network designs for a fast growing network with a global footprint.
- Innovate or study during our 10% Ideas Time dedicated to each person to work on individual projects.
- Evaluate new products and solutions.
- Create high and low level network designs for backbone and datacenter networks.
- Work with global carriers and colocation vendors to design and grow the global footprint in Asia, Europe, North America and South America.
- Work closely across functional teams to gather and define network requirements.
- Perform 3rd/4th level escalation duties.
- Train NOC and support teams.
- ...and much more.
- Minimum of 5-10 year of experience within the networking industry.
- Experience working in a service provider (CDN/ISP/NSP/Carrier/Mobile), datacenter, financial or large enterprise networks required.
- Experience working with MPLS, BGP, LDP, OSPF, QoS, IPv6, EVPN, L3VPN and L2VPN.
- Experience with IP transit and peering relationships, including a deep understanding of how networks interconnect.
- Excellent written, documentation, presentational and communication skills.
- Juniper MX480 and QFX5100, QFX5200, QFX10k platform experience desired, knowledge of other platforms is sufficient as well such as Cisco ASR9K, Cisco Nexus 9K, or Cisco NCS.
- Familiarity with DevOps processes, experience with Python, PyEZ, Ansible, Git and SaltStack beneficial.
- Fundamental knowledge of CDN, Compute Overlay Networks, Anycast and traffic engineering.
- Certification such as JNCIP/CCNP desired. CCIE/JNCIE certifications a plus.
- B.S. in computer science, network technologies, telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- Over 20+ Global POP in major metro location within Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Internal network lab in Chicago for testing, staging and training.
- Juniper MX480s, QFX10K, EX4300 platforms.
- EVPN/VXLAN datacenter fabric within each POP.
- Operating private MPLS backbone between all POPs.
- Peering at all major IXPs https://peeringdb.com/asn/47254.
- New infrastructure with standardized deployment without technical debt.
- DevOps based approach of the network management.
About Ericsson UDN:
Ericsson UDN is developing the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively scalable Content Delivery service is already in production. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business. For more information please visit https://www.ericsson.com/en/tech-innovation/offerings/udn.