Compute Architect/ Sr. DevOps Team Lead
Ericsson UDN is seeking highly motivated Engineer DevOps to join fast paced team working on an innovative Edge Compute platform targeted for low-latency applications running in the cloud. This Team Lead role is part of our Platform Automation team and involves working closely with product management, customers, internal application development, as well as our Operations team.
- Maintain and Evolve Product Requirements for our Edge Compute Platform with inputs from both internal and external customers.
- Translate Requirements to Define Specifications with POC implementations as necessary
- Work with UDN Application Team to Migrate large-scale shared CDN application from Openstack to K8S Containers.
- Extend current state of the art in K8S deployments to provide multi-tenancy without sacrificing performance or security.
- Enhance Monitoring/Analytics to ensure better use of Underlying Resources while meeting customer SLAs.
- Participate in the evolution of our CD/CI pipeline as we transition to Containers.
- Deep understanding of Linux as system administrator. Familiarity with the network and storage stack is a plus
- Experience implementing/interfacing with Restful APIs.
- Extensive Experience developing, deploying, monitoring and supporting a complex cloud based application.
- Strong Programming Background - with demonstrated proficiency in Python or equivalent language.
- Automation using tools like Salt, Ansible, Chef or Puppet. Strong preference for Salt experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with VM and Container Virtualization Technologies. K8s, Openstack are desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-paced scrum team
- Familiarity and experience with FreeIPA or other equivalents as a means of providing centralized identity and authorization.
- Experience with deploying, using, and extending monitoring tools such as Nagios, DataDog, Splunk, Elasticsearch/Kibana.
- Working experience with Openstack
- Working experience with Docker and K8S deployments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-5 of DevOps experience in an Enterprise class - in a Linux Environment using Openstack and/or Docker Container Environment
About Ericsson UDN:
Ericsson UDN is developing the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively scaleable Content Delivery service is already in production. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business.