“Software Developer - UDN Global Load Balancing and Routing”
Ericsson UDN is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Engineer to join a fast-paced team working on an innovative CDN and Edge Compute platform targeted for low-latency applications running in the cloud.
- Develop and maintain large-scale system critical routing and load-balancing software.
- Develop and maintain system health and capacity monitoring facilities for a global-reach network of high availability servers.
- Develop and utilize Kubernetes container framework for automated deployment and scalability of services.
- Interface with Operations and Support engineers for training and trouble-shooting purposes.
- Experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, in Linux.
- Experience building and using system measurement and monitoring tools in a Linux environment.
- Experience implementing/interfacing with Restful APIs.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP.
- Strong Programming skills with proficiency in C++ or equivalent language.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, VM and Container Virtualization Technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to work both independently and as part of a fast-paced scrum team.
About Ericsson UDN:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience building and deploying large-scale software systems.
Ericsson UDN is developing the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency. Our first service, a massively scaleable Content Delivery service is already in production. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with the largest names in the business.