Job Title: Sourcing Business Partner UDN
UDN is a newly created IOU (Independent Operating Unit) within Ericsson and is one of the first such units in Ericsson. The UDN IOU has been seeded by the acquisition of VidScale, a major supplier to Ericsson’s UDN when it was an incubation project.
Ericsson’s Unified Delivery Network (UDN) is a global content delivery and edge computing platform facilitating unique partnerships between content providers and service providers. UDN leverages the pooled infrastructure and market power of hundreds of worldwide service providers to deliver content with higher QoE, lower costs and integrated value-added services.
Candidates should see themselves as the Sourcing “Swiss-Army Knife” member of the UDN team with a mindset of being part of a start-up culture, with the drive to make the UDN business successful.
- The Sourcing Business Partner will support the UDN LT and the whole UDN organization in all aspects of the sourcing process. As well as specific sourcing skills, expertise and experience, general business management capability is also essential. The role requires strong collaboration skills to work with senior internal stakeholders, high integrity building trust to drive sourcing projects in UDN and across Ericsson. In return, the role will provide valuable experiences in areas such as innovation, business transformation across all functions, and supports building a network on top management level. In summary be key interface and accountable for all relevant sourcing matters including escalations for UDN.
Santa Clara, CA or Boston, MA in the USA.
25% USA Domestic and International
- Support the preparation and execution of the RFx process securing active stakeholder participation and agreement on objectives and wanted result
- Prepare and plan RFx process together with stakeholder
- Ensure that the selection of suppliers and the sourcing agreements reflect the UDN business requirements.
- Secure business stakeholder agreement for Supplier Selection and Costs recommendation.
- Ensure to balance supplier commercial and technical capabilities
- Drive Supplier negotiation: prepare and plan negotiations with suppliers, secure active stakeholder participation including preparation of a negotiation strategy together with stakeholder.
- Secure adherence to corporate policies, directives and code of business ethics
- Ensure Supplier agreement implementation: work with stakeholders and Supplier Relationship Managers to ensure supplier’s agreement & performance obligations are being implemented by supplier and in case of non-performance, secure commercial compensation
- Develop and apply business/pricing models that can enable UDN and the supplier to capitalize on identified business opportunities
- Manage commercial and contractual escalations related to the product / service
- Ensure competitive initial cost and total cost development in the product and service life cycle
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Procurement in a fast paced and project driven organisation
- Domain experience: experience of buying IT services and negotiating IT services contracts is essential
- Strong supplier negotiation experience
- Sourcing Practice, Process & Strategy Knowledge
- Business Modelling Skills
- Business Understanding
- Strong collaboration skills
- Commitment to work on varying assignments, occasionally ad-hoc and under time-pressure