SENIOR ADVANCED SERVICES ARCHITECT
Ericsson UDN (UDN) is looking for a smart, customer centric, results-oriented Senior Advanced Services Architect to develop and implement technical solutions and strategies to onboard customers to our UDN Platform. The Senior Advanced Services Architect (ASA) designs, develops and implements end-to-end strategies and solutions for Ericsson UDN's products and services. The ASA provides technical leadership by sharing best practices and technology trends, and acing as a technical mentor related to their areas of expertise. The role is part technical consultative, part hands on, and 100% focused on delighting our customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Understand UDN's products and competitive advantages within the cloud & CDN markets.
- Architect, design, build and manage complex computing systems based on service-oriented architectures.
- Provide best practice consultation in regards to maximizing ROI and operational efficiencies for customers utilizing UDN’s platform.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of fully integrated cloud and CDN solutions
- Provide guidance to lower level Architects in the development of component and individual system architectures.
- Act as a technical expert by tracking technology trends and recommending technology paths and best practices.
- Mentor and direct others in their technology evaluations, technical designs and technical implementations.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Provide tier 4 support and assume a lead role in tier 4 escalations.
- Work closely with customer technical staff to analyze and tune UDN’s products.
- Use testing environment to solve customer issues and demonstrate other UDN products and services.
- Identify potential opportunities and deliver that information to the proper team.
- Develop and manage internal relationships, earning the respect of colleagues at all levels across the business ensuring a cohesive internal focus towards solution design.
- 7+ years’ demonstrated expertise in designing, building and managing complex computing systems including 3+ years’ experience as a Systems Architect.
- 5+ years direct hands on experience implementing and managing CDN and/or Cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Fluent at communicating in English.
- Significant experience in the design or development of distributed large-scale systems involving software, hardware, network and process components.
- Experience in documenting architectures and interfaces. Experience in abstracting designs into functional and operational architectures and to distill architectural patterns and principles.
- Demonstrated experience of mastery of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX based operating systems.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the requirements and interface development, functional architecture and software design, and software implementation of large-scale, distributed software infrastructures.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in developing large-scale functional system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with system stakeholders and development engineers in distributed development projects.
- 5+ years’ experience managing Fortune 500 accounts as primary technical contact.
- Experience with leading customer site visits under adverse conditions.
- 5+ years’ multifunctional experiences and peer relationships with Senior Management IT professionals.
- Experience with cloud storage systems preferred.
- Experience with both VOD and Live Streaming (HLS, HDS, SS) preferred.
- Knowledge of Service Provider networking and BGP is key.
- Experience working in an ISP environment is an advantage
- Experience with scripting in Perl/Python and/or CHEF, Puppet, SALT, etc for task automation.
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies and cloud architecture integrations.
- Experience provisioning security, release management, syslog, web, database, automation, and network solutions
- Ability to analyze multiple Microsoft and/or Linux based server products for maximum performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Understands commercial scoping of CDN and cloud migration projects and is aware of the key risks/challenges and how to mitigate them.
- Large scale server designs including High Availability using Clustering solutions
- Senior level experience deploying either F5 or NetScaler load balancers solutions
- Proven self-starter with desire to foster a sense of urgency when addressing customer concerns, coupled with a strong command of business and technical abilities.
- Disaster Recovery planning/designs using replication techniques
- Prior experience with a 24x7, high-availability, broadly distributed production environments
- Knowledge of network concepts and security best practices
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Flexible, willing to work off hours when required
Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, advisory boards and employees