VP Platform Operations
Ericsson Edge Gravity is seeking a highly motivated VP Platform Operations to lead a fast paced team working on an innovative Edge Compute platform targeted for low-latency applications running in Service Provider networks.
- Global responsibility for the delivery and reliability of the first distributed edge compute platform, UDN, that enables services such as content delivery to be deployed in service providers access networks.
- Build and manage a team that is responsible for designing and operating a multi-terabit globally distributed network.
- Build and hire a globally distributed team responsible for delivering 100% uptime of the service.
- Develop and manage KPIs specific to a cloud computing business.
- Partner with Development and Sales to ensure products that are built can be operationalized exceeding the customers’ requirements.
- Has deep understanding of all components required to operate a global network.
- Work closely business services putting together financial models to help understand the value of a business relationship.
- Partner with legal and negotiate strategic contracts to be deployed across the UDN platform.
- Must be willing to travel to international sites.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an Internet and Service Provider infrastructure environment. While this role is an executive leadership position, we strongly prefer candidates with previous hands on experience building distributed infrastructure.
- Five or more years of experience of direct management of cross functional or matrixed teams.
- Track record of attracting and developing a strong and diverse leadership team in a technical organization.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the corporation.
- Ability to influence senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Demonstrated experience organizational design and development.
- Sound understanding and appreciation for all major business areas of the Internet, transport/access networks and service provider edge.
- Experience managing and planning a complex multi-million dollar operating budget.
- Experience working closely with Development teams, and a solid understanding of release cycles and compute infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the Infrastructure & Operations teams.
- Experience building and operating a 24/7 service.
About Ericsson Edge Gravity:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Network Engineering or equivalent; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an executive leadership position.
Ericsson Edge Gravity is developing the first distributed edge compute platform that enables services such as content delivery to deployed on service provider access networks. Our goal is to enable the next generation of applications such as VR/AR, gaming, IoT, and big data to be deployed in a tiered compute infrastructure that enables massive scale with ultra-low latency.